Subscribe to our newsletter 

Child Protection Worker Career Opportunities

Listing Number: 5421
City/Town: Multiple
Wage: $55,396.19 - $72,937.86 annually

We are looking for individuals devoted to helping others and improving the lives and well-being of children and families. When you pursue a career as a Child Protection Worker, you are choosing a meaningful role in supporting the lives of British Columbians. If you have a passion towards ensuring the safety and well-being of children and want to join a collaborative, dedicated team of professionals, these opportunities are for you!


•Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Social Work, Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Child and Youth Care; OR
•Master’s Degree in Educational Counselling Psychology/Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfare. Completion of a practicum in family and child welfare occurs in an agency/organization where a student had the opportunity to practice assessing the needs of children and families to develop and provide intervention services to the children and/or families; OR
◦NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services (ICES). You must request a comprehensive report and the MCFD supplemental report to be considered for this competition; (Confirmation for equivalency of your degree is required for you to be considered. *Please indicate in your resume if you have this equivalency. If you are in the process of equivalency review, proof must be provided on or by the closing date of the competition, including the MCFD supplementary portion); OR

◦A candidate may be considered equivalent when they are registered and a member in good standing with the BC College of Social Workers or has a letter from the College confirming that her or his application for registration has been approved.

•Employee applicants who have a combination of relevant education, Ministry experience and who are eligible for delegation under the CFCSA may be considered equivalent to the above requirements.

•Related degree, or related post-graduate diploma, or related post-graduate certificate in a human services field PLUS a minimum of two years of post-degree *related experience. NOTE: Post-graduate Diploma/Certificate is a qualification awarded after a university degree. An undergraduate or master's degree is required to be accepted in this type of program.
Related degree includes Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Theology, Indigenous Studies, Education, or Nursing. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.

Contact: Sheila Mitchell
Address: 940 Blanshard Street